Friday, August 28, 2009

The Kitchen

The kitchen semi-remodel. This was hard. Mind you, my husband isn't handy. At all. He cans, he grills, and he cooks. And at my prodding, he tried really hard to get me the wood floors that I wanted. I am so grateful for him. There are times that we but heads so much, and I honestly think he is trying to make my life harder, but then there are times that he would try to give me the world if I asked.
Anyways, the kitchen. We really didn't plan it out, or plan for the kids to be at grandmas. Actually, a friend of Gregg's told him that he could help him the first weekend in August. Ok, that sounded great to me! It was short notice, but I was thinking that a few days of living around some light construction was do-able. Well, it was more than a few days, after a slight problem with one of the boards, and NO Help from Lowes, and a call from a friends brother-in-law, and a couple hundred dollars lighter, it finally is done. I am happy. New paint on the walls, new rugs and new curtains. I do love my new kitchen. Before during the demolition of the floor. It was outdated linoleum and carpet in the dining room.




And after:


No comments: