Friday, August 24, 2007

First week down!!

So, I finally finished the first week of school--with the students. Went through the first day do's/don't's about 18 times. I AM EXHAUSTED. For those who work and have full time jobs, in addition to a baby, I don't know how you do it. I can hardly keep my eyes open. I was going over a lot of the things I say to Gregg, and he thought it was funny..."...oh, I am so sad to see (insert table number) isn't following directions..." "...raise your hands if you can tell me what is NOT ok to touch in the Art Room?" "....oh, I love how (insert table number) looks ready spagetti to line up..." The list can go on. I have to go by table numbers because there is no way I can have all of their names memorized right now. They really have no clue, and it is pretty funny to watch me compliment one table and all other tables start scrambling around so I can call their table to compliment. Good stuff. One thing I learned this week? I am not meant for Kindergarten or First Grade. I can handle second grade, but first and K just not for me. Good thing I will only have them till the end of September. By then, I will gladly hand the reigns over to their teacher. High school was so much easier I think! I could tell them what needed to get done, we would go over it, and I would set them to work-they didn't have to hear the glue speech, (they did need the ruler speech tho), they didn't need me to see who was "ready spagetti" to start working....

I would love to post new pics of the Missy O, but she is moving way too fast for my point and shoot camera. Any ideas anyone? I would love a new camera (oh, I've got plans...) but right now it just isn't in the "Dave Ramsey Plan"....
Off for now, it's 8:00 on a Friday, and I'm ready for bed!!

No comments: