Monday, August 6, 2007

The first actual daycare day

Wow. Her first day away from me! I was so sad today!! All I kept thinking is wow, I'm kind of homesick. I really am starting to second guess this whole going to work thing. She did really well, I think that she likes being around other kids, but I don't know if the "newness" will wear off, and then she will be kicking and screaming when I leave. They play alot outside, which worries me a bit, especially since it's so hot, and she is just getting eaten up with mosquitos.

It's also got me thinking, I'm here at this new school, don't know anyone, and really don't care to. (Sad, I know). I'm trying to learn all the new ways they do things, and their procedures, all the while trying to decorate my room--I'm really just not feeling it! But anyways, all I can think about is how my old room was, how I knew everything, how easy it was to go to another teacher's room and talk, my co-workers (really close to them), just everything didn't feel right today. I was really missing my old school, even though I didn't work there this past year. I just wonder if I screwed myself over, my job was cake. Some of the students weren't, and there was a lot to complain about, but in hindsight, it was pretty easy, and easy going. I was even comparing the faculty bathrooms!! I really hate feeling out of place and being "the new guy". I know that I'm not in this position for the long haul--just this year. We really would like to upgrade our vehicle status without going into debt, so my meager salary will be dedicated to child care and savings. I just really hope that this year will fly by, and maybe I can get some passion into what I teach. Although I have thought about going back into early childhood education, or something totally different like pediatric occupational therapy. Who knows, I change on a daily basis.

No comments: