Monday, July 13, 2009

Curls! and Catching Up


Seriously, this boy was blessed with good hair. I don't know how he got it, but I absolutely adore it! He won't be getting a haircut anytime soon either, I'm so afraid as soon as he gets it cut, the curls won't grow back! Oh well, I love the baby look, and am just going to enjoy it for now.

This week has still been a little hard for me. All I keep thinking about is what could have been, the last time I talked to my dad, how I held the power to change the direction of our relationship, that I didn't want him to see any pictures of his grandkids. And honestly, I don't know why. I know why, but it is amazing to me to see how much anger has such a strong grip if you let it...and I did. This past week, at the bible study that I've been attending, Beth Moore talked about time, and grudges, two important lessons I wished I learned a little sooner. I've been praying that my dad knew Jesus, I honestly don't know if he did, but I've been praying that I will get to have some of this missed time with him again. So, still trying to process all the emotions that I've been feeling lately, and hoping that I may be able to start a new relationship with his wife...she is the only connection that I have left. I know that I'm a little too late, but I really want her to meet the kids. So, hopefully we will be able to plan another trip out to NC. Such a gorgeous state!

No comments: