Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Here are a few pics of the kiddos: Of course, none in their clothes, these were even taken on Saturday. Not a good picture taking momma here! Opps!



This Easter was a little bit different for me. One of the blogs that I read recently lost her daughter to cancer. My husband always tells me not to read these, because I end up crying, but I can't help it. If someone out there is going through this, why should I be happy in my life? But anyways, the point is, I can't get her, her family, her friends out of my head. Which is ok, because she has helped me be closer to Him. (I wish I knew how to link because I would link to her blog) Her faith and her testimony is so real, true, and honest. I have to be honest with myself and have been struggling with religion. Wanting to get closer to God, but didn't know how. I grew up in a Catholic household, went to Catholic schools, and yet haven't felt fullfilled. So, I've been searching all the while struggling with the concept of whether it is ok to stray from Catholisism. I don't know. But I'm doing what is in my heart...probably all the while hurting my family. Anyways, we went to a church, not a catholic one, but we went to church. We listened to Praise songs, and heard what the preacher was saying. Different from what I am used to, but...I liked it. Is that wrong? The songs that were sung were beautiful, full of life! I don't think that I ever realized that He has Risen!! For me! For my family!! And do you know what I want to do? Tell everyone! What a beautiful thing! I am actually feeling again! It is what I've wanted! So much to learn, and I want to, I want to soak it all in.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh, I just read this post after linking over from your comment. I can maybe GUESS you are speaking of Cora and her parents. But really it doesn't matter WHO you are referring to. My heart aches to read about your struggle to find fulfillment and a true and deep relationship with the Lord. I can't imagine how hard it must be to question what you've always known...but I could jump up and down for you and SCREAM with excitement that you are. It makes me just want to reach out to you, pray with you, help you see what you can have....what Cora's parents have...what gets me through EVERY single one of my days...allows me to feel SO much happiness, fullfillment, HOPE....this world offers us NO hope...we can only get it through Jesus.

I know this is a personal journey for you, and I know having a stranger reach out to you right now may seem weird. But please know that I will pray for you...pray that the Lord will continue to speak to you and call you closer to him for that intimate relationship that means more than anything else in our lives.

If you ever feel the need to email me, please do so. I would love to share with you more. I want you to have what I have...and what you have read about on other blogs.

This easter was different for me too....after Cora's death and watching her parents (good friend's of our) suffer so much, I realized that the ONLY thing they are able to have hope in is the Lord...and heaven....and ONLY because God gave his only son to die on the cross FOR US...for you. To give us hope and a future. His GRACE is what allows us hope...it's ONLY b/c of this sacrifice that Jess and Joel will be able to hold Cora again one day. That is HOPE and the only TRUE kind that matters.

Praying for you!